To our valued patients,
We want to personally reach out to assure you that your health and well-being is the top priority of our office, during this time of uncertainty amid the concerns of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are actively monitoring the evolving situation through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local public health officials, to be proactive and stay ahead of potential risks.
Taking precautions, preventative measures, and promoting awareness are steps that we can take as a community together. We want you to feel comfortable visiting our office, which is why we are sharing with you some important preventative steps we are implementing:
- Adhering to CDC disinfection guidelines to reduce risk of infection including disinfection of public surfaces and training all staff on additional hygiene practices
- Screening patients according to current guidelines as well as checking every patient’s temperature on arrival while providing gloves to each patient to reduce the risk of transmission
- Requiring all healthcare providers to wear a mask and gloves and keep a minimum safe social distance during the visit as best possible
- Scheduling patients so there are no more than 3 patients in the office at any given time and moving patients quickly to a private exam room to reduce the risk of exposure
- Offering telehealth visits when possible for both new and established patient
- Offering patients to stay in their cars until the clinician is ready to see you
Understandably, certain aspects of care are difficult without a face-to-face visit. For that, our private practice office is well situated away from any hospital or emergency room which may be at increased risk for patients with infection. Therefore, we continue to offer on-site in person visits for those patients who need it. This includes vaginal exams, urodynamic testing/cystoscopy, and urine culture for UTI. Although the operating room at all affiliated hospitals are currently closed to non emergency surgery, we continue to schedule patients through our waitlist. In addition, office-based procedures including ThermiVa RF, Mona Lisa touch, Solatherapy, Emsella chair, PRP/trigger point injections and bladder/pelvic floor Botox are still available to all patients.
We are all in this together. We understand your concerns and want to assure all of our patients that we are taking the pandemic very seriously and are doing our part to minimize the risk of exposure to patients, staff and doctors, while providing needed medical services to our patients.
We wish you and yours good health and safe harbor.
The Boston Urogyn Team